Subscription Options

January 4, 2010

Identity or Value? What should your website emphasise?

Does your website tell people who you are, what you do or the value you add?

When I land on your website I am not there because I am interested in you. I am there because I am interested in me. And I am wondering (hoping) if you can help me with my problem. (Whatever that might be)

Should you have stuff there that talks about you and your marvelous track record? Sure. They need to know that and it is a part of reducing the gap between acknowledgement and engagement. But it isn't the first thing they need to see.

The first thing they need to see is what problems could you fix for them, and what is the value to them.

If your website isn't jumping with short case studies, exciting value claims and the realistic promise of improving their situation - then I am not interested.

If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.