Subscription Options

June 11, 2009

Your work and your business

There is a pretty famous business fable about Ray Croc, the founder of McDonalds, where he states that hs actual business was not food but fuel, and his assets were actually the real estate that the restaurants were built on.

True or not it is a great story, and one that I have held in my mind throughout my career. What actually is yiour business?

During the day mine is working with clients in engineering related areas. Well...my team does that, I market and sell. Well... I help clients to achieve unreachable value. (Which we would all like to believe right?)

Anyway, my real business...the thing I really enjoy and the thing that actually defines me - is this blog. I teach, thats the long and the short of it.

I teach clients, consultants, managers - whoever. And I teach them things that they can use to improve their lot in life. It has bought me some really incredible success. I have taught people in horrible conditions in the middle east who were able to improve themselves and get out of their situation.

My work is engineering, my passion is writing - my business, on all sides, is to teach and to create environments where others can learn.

What's yours?

If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.