Subscription Options

August 20, 2008

On the path of self publishing

Okay - so I am going pretty well with one of the self publishing projects that I am working on. My goal is to have it ready for publication within anothe r8 weeks tops. Unfortunately I have to finish my contributions to two other engineering books first.

I never intend to write another book on engineering.. there is only so much you can do in one area before you start writing more and more for less and less people. In the end there are maybe 200 people in the whole world with an interest in reading what you are writing about!

The goal is to get it out here for eBook publication, Kindle, as well as in paperback (Or maybe even hardback, not sure yet) Then later I will see what I can do about an audio book.

This is a first time effort for me and I have two others on the back burner while I test out the whole concept with this one.

Anyway...the point is that I just found a fantastic site that is going to help me no end with the publication fo the book. One of the reasons why I was focused more on an eBook at the beginning was inventory.

The initial publication costs, for struggling consultant as an experimental project, were too high. Mainly because I had to print a run of two to three thousand to get any sort of service of quality.

Well hold that thought! I just discovered Lulu.com.

The concept is brilliant and was just what I was looking for.

I upload my work, they turn it into a book, with formatting and all sorts of optional extras if I want. If I want they can help me to get an ISBN number, as well as with marketing and they will give me an online storefront to sell it from.

This is the sort of thing that is revolutionizing the world. Easy, relatively cheap, and fantastically good value. I'm getting more excited about this project every day.


If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.