Subscription Options

January 20, 2010

The best marketing ploy for real estate agents

I have just spent some time updating my reviews of several real estate agents in Perth after spending three days looking for a rental property. (We plan to buy once we are sure we won't be living in a gangsters paradise)

Near the end of today I was nearly beaten by them. I had gotten used to the fact that every one of them, without exception, used rentals as a bolt on to their core business - selling houses.

Nobody was ever available to take your call, nobody could ever show you the house. In fact, most houses were rented via Open House. A humiliating experience designed to make sure that the competition drives people to be in a selection of renters.

Then I came across Benchmark Property Managers. For these guys rentals are not a bolt on, it is their core business. They treated us respectfully, they helped us to sincerely find exactly what we were looking for, and they processed the application rapidly when I needed it to be done.

I am still waiting for the return phone calls from the others...

I like to trade in real estate, and you can bet that I will use these guys to manage my properties. Not only that, but I will be recommending them to everyone who I think will benefit, and I made sure to give them a rousing review on the Google Maps reviews section.

The marketing gimmick they used? Great service, personalized to what we required, and delivered with courtesy. Easy stuff....and well done.

If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.