Subscription Options

July 8, 2009

Arrogance or Humility?

In my new favorite Audio book, Secret Formulas of the Wizard of Ads, there is a line that really hit home with me...

"Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change." - Frank Lloyd Wright

For me, this goes to the heart of Trust as a sales tool, and of the core of how to become a trusted advisor.

In one of the Street Smart Consulting newsletters I made the point that there is often a lot of pressure on consultants to omit details, keep quiet and tell the client what they want to hear rather than the facts.

This is just rampant sycophancy at its worst... honesty can sometimes be a career limiting move, but but definitely is not a business limiting move.

If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.