Subscription Options

November 19, 2008

The first 30 days

As the world watches President Elect Obamas transition phase with baited breath everyone is very interested to know about the first 100 days. That first burst of energy that sets the tone for the remainder of his administration.

But for those of us who aren't entering a role as the leader of the free world, 30 days is a horizon for your to achieve fantastic and life changing results.

Many years ago I found myself stranded in Chile, with no cash, no job, no visa, and no way out. It was a desperate situation and one that I have fortunately not had to repeat since.

Within 7 days I had a good consulting job. (My first real consulting job actually) Within 14 days I had an apartment, and within 21 days it was furnished. 30 days later I was happy, comfortable, and on my way to a new life.

When you put your mind to it 30 days is all you need to make a dramatic difference to your situation.

All it takes is desire, a half-assed plan, and action. Lots of action.

What are you going to do?

Build a new website? Launch a blog? Make that call? Run a teleconference? Launch that SaaS product? meet that contact? Finish that book?

What?