Subscription Options

June 22, 2008

Visual Thinking Software

I am a big fan of visual thinking. I'm not so good at it right now, although with some advice from our recent book review (Back of a Napkin) and a lot of practice I am sure I will get a lot better at it.

I recently purchased the software MindJet MindManager, which is a program for easily building and recording mind maps and many other ways to visually represent strategy. I really like it, seems to be something that I am going to use it quite a bit, and it produces pretty good visual aids also.

I recently used this to facilitate a strategy development session in real-time and I found that it not only gave us a tool for recording thoughts, but also helped to make the process a lot easier and quicker.

Thumbs up fo this, a lot easier than trying to do it on PowerPoint!

If you are a career minded consultant, please consider joining our networking community on LinkedIn.