Subscription Options

May 21, 2008

Bootstrapping on the Net

Every now and then we get into Bootstrapping, a term used for describing the techniques and methods for "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps!"

You have to wonder where the whole software business is headed to. Used to be a great business to be in, it did well for Microsoft anyway. But today everyone seems to be giving it all away.

Great for aspiring one-man consulting outfits, or for small and developing companies.

I recently discovered OpenOffice.org. What a fantastic find! I can't believe I spent so much time mucking around with the free online stuff until I discovered this one.

Between Open Office and Google Docs, I really can't see any need to try to use Microsoft Office again. Particularly as there is an extension for communicating between the two, meaning I can create copies on the laptop, store them online, and retrieve them anywhere in the world from any PC.





If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to this feed, or you can subscribe to Consulting Pulse by email.